- If you are using a manual drip-stop brew basket, check to make sure the switch is in the open position.
- For KBGT and CDGT models, make sure that the footplate is in place.
- For KBG, KBGT, and CDGT models, inspect your bracket arm for broken or loose tabs. Replacement brew basket brackets are available on our website and can be installed at home with a T20 screwdriver (available at most hardware stores or online).
Clogging and backing up of water and/or coffee in the filter basket can occur under any of the following conditions:
- Coffee is too finely ground – use a medium-coarse grind.
- There are too many coffee grounds in the brew basket – check the formula chart in the Coffee Brewing section of our FAQ to ensure you are using the proper ratio of grounds to water.
- Two or more paper filters are being used – use one filter.
- A reusable wire mesh filter is used in conjunction with a paper filter – use one filter.
- A reusable wire mesh filter has coffee oil buildup, causing blockages – thoroughly clean the filter.
- Coffee grounds have spilled over the filter into the brew basket – clean out the brew basket.