- Since the introduction of our first ECBC-certified brewer in 1976, Moccamaster coffee brewers have set the global benchmark for home coffee brewing.
- Moccamaster coffee brewers are handmade in the Netherlands out of high-quality materials tested for optimal performance.
- Our brewers have a durable metal housing and use a copper boiling element to heat the water, which allows for consistent water temperature control.
- All plastics are BPA, BPS, BPF, and phthalate-free.
- We individually test every brewer before it leaves our factory.
- The Moccamaster coffee brewer is simple to use, has a quiet brew process, and makes a full carafe of coffee in 4-6 minutes.
- Our brewers are energy-efficient, recyclable, and sustainable.
- We offer an industry-leading 5-year limited warranty.
- We build our coffee brewers to last. Replacement parts are available for all models, and our on-site Service Technicians will repair any Moccamaster for the life of the brewer. With proper care and maintenance, this should be the last coffee brewer you ever need to buy.
Coffee brewing is a science and an art. All Moccamaster coffee brewers are certified to brew to the strict standards of the European Coffee Brewing Center (ECBC) and the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA); certifications awarded only after extensive and rigorous quality control and laboratory testing. These guidelines include:
- A consistent brewing temperature between 196°F - 205°F; essential for the extraction of coffee solubles.
- The turbulence, or agitation, generated by the water as it flows through the grounds, creating even saturation.
- A saturation time of 4-6 minutes to extract the full flavor of the coffee.
- The ratio of total dissolved solids (TDS) to water that the brewer extracts. The ECBC defines ideal TDS yield as between 18% - 22%, and the SCA refers to this as “the Golden Cup.”
- A holding temperature of 175°F - 185°F for brewed coffee, which will keep it hot while never burning it.
Moccamaster brewers hit these targets every time, delivering that ideal coffee flavor and taste in every cup.
Article is closed for comments.